To Cite While You Write:
Notes: EndNote web builds your bibliography as you write your paper. EndNote web will format the references to match the output style you have selected.
1. In the EndNote Program, click Format Bibliography button.
2. Type your document in MS Word.
3. If you are using in-text parenthetical citations:
4. If you are using footnotes or endnotes:
Changing your citation style
When to use: If you want to change the citation style:
1. Click on the Format bibliography button in the EndNote toolbar.
2. Under the Format Bibliography tab, select the style you want to change your formatting from the options listed in the drop-down Output Style menu.
3. When you have selected your new style, click OK.
Editing and Formatting your paper (copied from EndNote “Getting Started Guide.”):
When to use: If you need to make changes to your paper such as adding or deleting citations or text, just do the necessary updates in your paper.
If you want to change the output style or bibliography layout settings, choose the Format Bibliography button again. EndNote will reformat the in-text citations and generate a new bibliography based on your changes.
Editing Your Citations (copied from EndNote “Getting Started Guide.):
Note: If you directly edit a citation or the bibliography, the changes will be lost when you Format Bibliography again because EndNote reformats according to the rules of the selected output style.
To make and retain changes to all citations and/or the bibliography, modify the output style (See EndNote manual for instructions) or edit the reference entry in your EndNote library. However, if you want to make a change to an individual citation, use the Edit Citation button as described below.
To edit an individual citation:
1. Click on the in-text citation or the footnote/endnote
2. From the Tools menu, go to EndNote X2 submenu under the Tools menu OR click on the Edit Citation(s) button of your EndNote toolbar.
3. Make the changes you want to see for the particular citation.
4. When you finished making the changes to the citation, click OK.