When to Use: Follow these instructions to synchronize your desktop EndNote library with your EndNote Web account. UCSB provides all students and faculty with free access to EndNote Web (For more information see: http://www.library.ucsb.edu/help/endnote/).
Note: When you first install EndNote on to your desktop computer, you will be given the option to connect to your EndNote Web account and transfer your records. See the EndNote Manual for instructions.
These instructions will show you how to synchronize your accounts if you did not initially connect your desktop version during the installation process. Please see subtabs:
To remember EndNote Web connection details (copied from EndNote Manual):
When to Use: You can enter your EndNote Web subscription details once, and have EndNote remember your settings.
1. Open your EndNote desktop library.
2. Display EndNote Web preferences:
3. Enter your EndNote Web subscription details:
4. Click OK to save your connection preferences. You will not have to enter this information again; it is saved until you change EndNote Web preferences again.
To transfer references between EndNote Web and EndNote desktop(copied from EndNote Manual)
1. Initiate the connection to EndNote Web. Do one of these:
2. Once the connection is made, you will be able to set transfer options and begin transferring references. Under Web, select the appropriate EndNote Web folder.
a. Transfer References from Web to Desktop You can allow duplicates or discard duplicates during the transfer. EndNote will use the duplicate settings indicated in your EndNote preferences.
b. Transfer References from Desktop to Web You can transfer the currently showing references, all references found in the library, or only the references found in a particular group.
c. Click the Web Library Info button to see how many references are currently in the selected Web library and how many more references can be added to it before reaching the maximum limit.
4. If you have transferred references from EndNote Web to your desktop library, you can easily see the subset of references; they are saved as a group in the Group pane under EndNote Web.
Regularly Updating your accounts (copied from EndNote Manual)
When to use: You may regularly add references to your EndNote Web folder, and want to subsequently update your EndNote desktop library with the additions.
To update your desktop library, set these options on the EndNote Web Transfer References dialog:
1. Select the appropriate EndNote Web folder.
2. Select the option to Transfer References from Web to Desktop.
3. Clear the Allow Duplicates check box. (EndNote will use the duplicate settings indicated in your EndNote preferences.