Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
New Reference (Manual Entry of a Reference)
New References (Manual Entry of a Reference)
When to Use: When you want enter references in by hand.
Type of References: Any kind
1. Open EndNote and open the library you want to add the references to.
2. Click on the New Reference button or under the References menu select New Reference.
3. Select reference type (Book, Journal Article, Electronic Source, etc.)
- Use the drop down menu after Reference Type to change the entry fields to match the correct type of citation.
4. Enter information in the necessary fields.
- Author: Last Name, First Name; Separate multiple authors with a semicolon.
- Enter additional information, when necessary.
- Keywords can be used to class or group name, where you have a copy of it filed, etc.
5. Save work (File --> Save or Ctrl-S).
6. Close Window. New reference becomes part of Library.
, Chemical Engineering
, Materials Science & Engineering
, Statistics (discipline)
, Technical Reports
Copyright © 2008-2019 The Regents of the University of California, All Rights Reserved.
UCSB Library (805) 893-2478 • Music Library (805) 893-2641 • UCSB, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-9010
Contact Us • Policies