When to Use: When you want to import references from library catalogs or Web of Science (WoS).
Types of References: Books and records only from the Web of Science.
Notes: Sometimes the server times out and it won’t connect
1. Switch into Online Library Mode
2. Click Online Search button or From Tools menu, select Online Search.
3. Select the database you want to search.
4. Click Choose.
5. Search the database.
6. When the # of results comes up, click Retrive to see them.
7. Right-Click on the entries you want to add to your library and either
a. Select Add Reference to… to add the reference to a specific group (“Groups” are discussed in a different section below). Then select the group you want to add the reference to.
b. Select Copy Reference to… to add the reference to a specific library. Then select the Endnote Library file you want to add the reference to.
8. When you are finished importing references, switch back to Integrated Library & Online Search Mode.