To activate free digital access to The Washington Post, you must create an individual account with your @ucsb.edu email address. After you have registered you can access the content at https://www.washingtonpost.com or via the Washington Post app or social media posts.
Below are steps outlining how to begin an individual subscription through UCSB's licensed access.
2. Click on your user name in the upper right-hand corner
3. Click My Post, then click Manage Account
4. Make sure your email address is Verified, if not, click "Unverified" to be sent a verification email.
5. Once verified, Click into the Subscription & Billing tab in My Post.
6. Click Activate free digital access
Our databases are more powerful search tools than the washingtonpost.com site. Use one of the UCSB Library databases below for more access. These databases also include older content that predates the digital version of the newspaper.