Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Established by the London School of Economics and Political Science in 2008, the Grantham Research Institute aims to be a world-leading centre for policy-relevant research and training on climate change and the environment, bringing together international expertise on economics, finance, geography, the environment, international development and political economy.
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. (IPCC)
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is the United Nations body for assessing the science related to climate change. The IPCC was created to provide policymakers with regular scientific assessments on climate change, its implications and potential future risks, as well as to put forward adaptation and mitigation options.
- International organization that "uses non-violent creative action to pave the way towards a greener, more peaceful world, and to confront the systems that threaten our environment."
Environmental Defense Fund. (EDF)
- The EDF is a non-profit organization that addresses environmental challenges through support of science and advocacy that lead to federal action, introduces management systems that have direct environmental benefits, and persuades companies to adopt environmentally friendly business practices.
Environmental Law and Policy Center. (ELPC)
- The Environmental Law & Policy Center is the Midwest’s leading public interest environmental legal advocacy and eco-business innovation organization.
League of Conservation Voters. (LCV)
- A non-partisan political action group that "works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities" through advocacy for sound environmental laws and policies, holding elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and support of pro-environment candidates who will champion environmental issues.
- The Nature Conservancy is a global environmental nonprofit working to create a world where people and nature can thrive. Its priorities are to: (1) tackle climate change, (2) protect land and water, (3) provide food and water sustainably, and (4) build healthy cities.
Natural Resources Defense Council. (NRDC)
- The NRDC "works to safeguard the earth – its people, its plants and animals, and the natural systems on which all life depends" through support of the work of some 700 scientists, lawyers, and policy advocates whose aim is to ensure the rights of all people to the air, the water, and the wild, around the world.
Trust for Public Land.
- The Trust for Public Land is a U.S. nonprofit organization with a mission to "create parks and protect land for people, ensuring healthy, livable communities for generations to come."
- An American non-profit land conservation organization that is dedicated to protecting natural areas and federal public lands in the United States, the Wilderness Society advocates for the designation of federal wilderness areas and other protective designations, such as for national monuments.
World Wildlife Fund.
- Its mission is to conserve nature and reduce the most pressing threats to the diversity of life on Earth.