This page lists print and online statistical resources covering the State of California and the states generally.
Statistics Sources: States
States statistics sources:
California cities, towns & counties, 1993-2009.
- Annual with profiles of every incorporated municipality and every county in the state.
- Main Library HA261 .C295
County and city extra: annual metro, city, and county data book.
- Compiles information from many sources to provide key demographic and economic data for every state, county, metropolitan area, congressional district, and for all cities in the United States with a 2010 population of 25,000 or more.
- Latest at Ref Desk HA203 .C68; past editions in Main Library
California Statistical Abstract.
- Annual publication the State of California, Department of Finance, Economic Research Unit, compiling data on social, economic, and physical aspects of the State, through 2008 (published 2009).
- Main Library HA261 .C3; pdfs of 1999-2003 editions of the California Statistical Abstract can be found here.
RAND State Statistics.
[online resource; UCSB IP addresses only]
- Data at the national, state, county, and city level on business and economics, community, education, energy and environment, government finance, health and socioeconomic, and population and demographic topics.