Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UCSB, Faculty Staff, and Students:
Before searching, log into the proxy server and return here.
Items marked are available only to UCSB students, faculty, and staff from off campus.
You will need to use a public computer in the library to access these databases.
Newspapers in the UCSB Library
- Use the library catalog to search the library’s collection, which contains current and historical newspapers. For a complete listing, see our Newspapers
- page. Genealogists may be especially interested in the following titles available online:
Non-English Language Newspapers
- Kikuzo Visual II (1879 to present) One of the largest online newspaper databases in Japan: articles from the Asahi Shimbun (1945 to present), Aera Weekly (May 1988 to present), Shukan Asahi (April 2000 to present), and an "Historical Photo Archive" (1930-45)
- People's Daily (Ren Min Ri Bao) (1946 to present) The most influential and authoritative newspaper in China. It is the official voice of the central government of the People's Republic of China. Publishes daily issues that provide a single location where the central government and the Communist Party of China announce their respective policies and disseminate governmental, political, and economic messages to the public and the world.
- Pravda Digital Archive - (1912 to present) Founded in 1912 in St. Petersburg, Russia, Pravda originated as an underground, daily workers’ newspaper, and soon became the main newspaper of the revolutionary wing of the Russian socialist movement.
- Shen Bao (Shanghai News) (1872-1949) the most influential and longest lasting commercial newspaper of pre-1949 China. An important primary source for late imperial and modern China.
, Chemical Engineering
, Materials Science & Engineering
, Statistics (discipline)
, Technical Reports
Copyright © 2008-2019 The Regents of the University of California, All Rights Reserved.
UCSB Library (805) 893-2478 • Music Library (805) 893-2641 • UCSB, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-9010
Contact Us • Policies