Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
WorldCat Discovery @UCSB
WorldCat Discovery @UCSB is a way to find books and other materials located in libraries outside the UC System.
How to Find Books in the UC Library Search Catalog
- Single white box
- Look up resources by keyword, title, author, or subject
- Huge results list
- Many different types of resources; articles, books and more
- Best when you are NOT looking for particular types of sources, e.g. - popular, scholarly, primary sources, empirical studies, DVD, etc.
- Refine results by applying various facets on the left margin
- Use for complex searches.
- Many more options
- Specify Articles books or more (big results list); Resources in the Library (small results list of mostly books); etc.
- Specify the material type - format (book, articles, journals, images, audio, video, scores, maps, dissertations, or government documents)
- Specify one or more fields - author, title, subject, ISBN
- Specify publication year, language, book
- contains, starts with, exact phrase
- Multiple Keywords or Subjects (search for "african americans" OR blacks AND "academic achievement" AND child*)
- NOT for keyword searching
- Use for known item searches - e.g., titles, authors, subject headings
Still can't find what you need for your research? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Copyright © 2008-2019 The Regents of the University of California, All Rights Reserved.
UCSB Library (805) 893-2478 • Music Library (805) 893-2641 • UCSB, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-9010
Contact Us • Policies