Standards are a recognized definition of a product, attribute or process used nationally or internationally all across a given industry.
- make the development, manufacturing and supply of products and services more efficient, safer and cleaner
- facilitate trade between countries and make it fairer
- provide governments with a technical base for health, safety and environmental legislation, and conformity assessment
- share technological advances and good management practice
- disseminate innovation
- safeguard consumers, and users in general, of products and services
- make life simpler by providing solutions to common problems
- List above taken from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
Note: Most standards organizations do not make copies of their standards available free of charge. The few exceptions where UCSB users or the general public have access to the standards themselves are indicated as *FULL TEXT*.
If you don't see the standards organization you're looking for in these pages, try one of the lists below:
IHS Markit Standards Store
SAI Global Store
Tech Street Store