If you are submitting your request through the Course Reserves platform, follow these steps;
1. Use your UCSB NetID and password to access Ares via this link, https://ares.library.ucsb.edu/ares/
2. Go to your Specific Course Number and then click on “Course Home”
3. On the next page, click on “Add Reserve Items.”
4. Where it says, “ What would you like to place on Course Reserves?” select "Video"
5. Next, you will see a request form. Complete the following required fields:
- Title of the film
- How will this item be supplied?
- Notes - while this section is not required, it is very useful when ordering Kanopy because one can notate to Course Reserves staff, the number of students enrolled in the course and details about where the film can be purchased.
- Provide the URL or details of where you found the link, for example “ Item is on Kanopy, the link is https://sbpl.kanopy.com/video/introduction-infectious-diseases-series
6. After you provide all the required and crucial information, click the “Submit item” button. Your request will go into the Course Reserves processing queue.